NASHVILLE, Tenn. (BP)–Raising awareness about the need to combat hunger requires some creativity. Here are seven ideas from Baptist Global Response, an international relief and development organization.
1. f30 Weekend — A fun way to help people, young and old, become aware of and impact world hunger. This event is also great for team building, prayer, fasting, college campuses or weekend retreats.
2. Harvest Festival — Incorporate hunger awareness into your church’s harvest festival. A variety of educational activities designed to help children better understand world hunger and what they can do to make a difference.
3. Hunger Meal — An activity that will help you focus on the lifestyle of many in our world and on their daily struggle for food.
4. Run for Their Lives — A 5k run to raise funds. Instead of “running for your life,” this is truly a race to “Run for Their Lives.” This is a great and simple idea to raise money and community awareness for world hunger.
5. Progressive Hunger Meal — A creative way to illustrate how challenging it is to deal with struggles many people around the world experience each and every day, including that of having a simple meal.
6. Box Social — Revisit a common way, used in pioneer days, to raise funds for causes such as world hunger.
7. World Hunger speaker — Request a field practitioner to speak at your group’s world hunger event or church service by contacting Jim Brown at [email protected]
Adapted from the Baptist Global Response website, gobgr.org.