For the first time, messengers to the Southern Baptist Convention annual meeting can stay up to date with a smartphone app, which will include more than a dozen features, including schedules, maps, alerts, speakers, news feeds, the Book of Reports, the Daily Bulletin, and much more.
The free app is available for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry users and can be downloaded by visiting http://m.core-apps.com/sbc2012am from a smartphone or by typing in “SBC Annual Meeting 2012” in the smartphone’s app store.
Developed by Core-Apps, the app will include:
• Push alerts that give users up-to-date news, such as changes in the meeting schedule should the posted schedule change.
• The programs for the SBC Pastors’ Conference and the annual meeting.
• An alphabetized list of Pastors’ Conference and annual meeting speakers, including their scheduled speaking times.
• A news feed of Baptist Press news stories and photos covering Crossover, the SBC annual meeting, and related meetings that take place during the week.
• PDF versions of the Book of Reports, the Daily Bulletin, and SBC LIFE.
• Scheduled times for seminary luncheons and other affinity groups ancillary to the annual meeting.
• Twitter stream discussions about the annual meeting.
• An interactive map of the exhibit hall and messenger-friendly local restaurants.
• A list of exhibitors, including contact information for each exhibitor and the exhibitor’s floor location.
• A list of New Orleans Baptist Association churches and church-type missions, with a map showing where each congregation is located.
• A “friends” icon where users can keep up to date with their friends and send them notes. Users are required to fill out a brief profile.
The app is ready to download and will be updated throughout the SBC annual meeting.